Film Terminology – C47

Have you ever been asked to grab a C-47 on set only to search frantically not knowing what one is? Find out in this film terminology video.



 Text Summery

Today we’re going to be talking about the C-47’s and what that actually means when you’re on a film set. You might hear the term thrown around by the lighting department, but a C-47 is actually a clothespin.

The lighting department uses these to clip color gels and diffusion onto lights, this helps because they don’t transfer heat like metal would. Other names for them are CP-47, 47, bullet, ammo, or peg.


Written by Ryan Galbraith

Ryan Galbraith

Ryan Galbraith is an accomplished award-winning filmmaker who is dedicated to the craft of storytelling. Ryan has a passion for the ambitious blending together big vision and complex elements.